We Love to Learn Books
Books Encourage Positive Collaboration
Books published in this series stem from educational goals and standards, or topics educators bring to us. Our dedicated teachers help to develop each theme and the core book project. Each book takes shape a bit differently, but for each one, it is SHARP students who research the topic and produce original writings and artwork. The final books include both English and Spanish text.
Edited by an educator and, at times, illustrated by a professional artist, each book is a result of a positive collaboration between schools, administrators, teachers, parents, community supporters and our generous donors.
Our newest We Love to Learn book, Explore MKE: Your Neighborhood, Our City was created through collaboration between schools, students, educators and author Adam Carr. The Young Authors’ Workshop 2015 provided research that ultimately shaped the book. To commemorate its completion, students from five schools celebrated at the top of the U.S. Bank Building.
Our books include:
- Friends and Neighbors
- All Around Milwaukee
- All About Wisconsin
- Bullying: Is Anyone Listening?
- The American Dream
- Greater Milwaukee Circle of Life
- Growing Up Strong
- Banking on Your Future
- Pat the Great Cat: A Jaguar’s Journey
- A Busy Bee: The Story of Bella the Honey Bee
- A Great Lakes Adventure: Salmon’s Journey Home
- There Grows the Neighborhood: Agriculture in the City
- Explore MKE: Your Neighborhood, Our City
- Aloha Adventure: A Story of Two Friends