Our Impact »
Find out how SHARP’s unique approach helps students improve reading comprehension while discovering a love of learning.Learn more »
Our Programs »
Through engaging lessons, interactive projects and visual arts, SHARP Literacy helps urban children identify as confident, capable learners.Learn more »
Support the Future »
Find out how individuals and companies can help support SHARP’s mission and provide students with unique learning opportunities.Learn more »
Northwestern Mutual Foundation provides grants for local education
- SHARP Literacy is one of the grateful recipients of Northwestern Mutual Foundation’s philanthropic efforts. Recently, $2.1 million was awarded to a variety of programs ...Learn More »
SHARP’s Design Through Code Featured in BizTimes Article
- Along with other local coding programs, SHARP Literacy’s Design Through Code program is featured in a recent BizTimes article. SHARP is proud to be ...Learn More »
Ryan Braun helps kick off SHARP’s Summer Learning Gain Initiative
- Although a major league baseball star, Ryan Braun truly loves aiding the cause of literacy. Click here to see the full FOX6 story! ...Learn More »
SHARP Literacy summer learning programs motivate students
- Recently, WTMJ-4 featured SHARP Literacy’s Summer Learning Gain Initiative. The complete feature can be found here. ...Learn More »
WXOW-19 LaCrosse to Honor Lynda Kohler and other Alumni
- Lynda Kohler, recipient of UW-LaCrosse’s Maurice O. Graff Distinguished Alumni Award, along with five other UW-LaCrosse alumni, will be honored at an awards brunch ...Learn More »
SHARP allows students to look not only at themselves, but others.
My students not only improve their reading and writing skills, they also become more confident learners.
While SHARP’s impact is often felt by students who are struggling, it also fits the needs of high achievers.
The SHARP Literacy program not only has the needed content, but also fun ways of approaching these concepts!
I’m indebted to SHARP because not only do you grow my students but you’ve grown me as an educator.
Our students learned so much about their community and have a profound new appreciation for Milwaukee.