Our Impact »
Find out how SHARP’s unique approach helps students improve reading comprehension while discovering a love of learning.Learn more »
Our Programs »
Through engaging lessons, interactive projects and visual arts, SHARP Literacy helps urban children identify as confident, capable learners.Learn more »
Support the Future »
Find out how individuals and companies can help support SHARP’s mission and provide students with unique learning opportunities.Learn more »
Craig Counsell Hits a Grand Slam for SHARP Literacy!
- Craig Counsell, Manager of the Milwaukee Brewers, was the keynote speaker for SHARP Literacy’s A Novel Event, held Monday, November 18, at the Pfister ...Learn More »
Brewers Manager Craig Counsell Reads to SHARP Students
- Brewers Manager Craig Counsell, who will be the keynote speaker for SHARP Literacy’s A Novel Event on November 18, enjoyed reading to Messmer St. ...Learn More »
2019 STEMMY Awards Recognize 2 of SHARP’s Partners
- In our pursuit of quality STEM education and programming, SHARP has partnered with Cathy Stagmer and Northwestern Mutual. Their specific awards are described in ...Learn More »
Great Midwest Bank Announces Philanthropic Commitment to SHARP Literacy
- Community bank will support SHARP’s effort to promote reading and STEAM-based programs through sports partnerships MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (October 3, 2019) – With longstanding roots in ...Learn More »
SHARP President Lynda Kohler is Honored for UW-La Crosse Maurice O. Graff Distinguished Alumni Award
- Lynda Kohler, recipient of UW-La Crosse’s Maurice O. Graff Distinguished Alumni Award, along with five other UW-La Crosse alumni, was honored at an awards ...Learn More »
SHARP allows students to look not only at themselves, but others.
My students not only improve their reading and writing skills, they also become more confident learners.
While SHARP’s impact is often felt by students who are struggling, it also fits the needs of high achievers.
The SHARP Literacy program not only has the needed content, but also fun ways of approaching these concepts!
I’m indebted to SHARP because not only do you grow my students but you’ve grown me as an educator.
Our students learned so much about their community and have a profound new appreciation for Milwaukee.